Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Roaming About and Getting Ready for the Fair

Over the summer, I had an amazing chess-related experience - I went to Greece to play in the World Junior Chess Championships! I roomed with one of my good friends, and a former CITL executive, Michael Kleinman. We played good chess and had a blast touring the area.

In recent weeks, Vivek (CITL president) and I (Vice President) have been busy with planning out the Chess fair we plan to have in October. We're still in the early stages. Activities have been decided - we will have the big chess set out, simul games, book sales, chess cookies (!) and many other fun stations. The venue, however, has not been set yet. There have been a few problems finding a suitable, affordable venue.

That's all for now, folks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment